Pages

Thursday 9 April 2015

Bio-Derma: Deserved Place in every Beauty Bible?

My first priority when I moved to France last August was to get myself to the hallowed halls of a French pharmacy. Top of my shopping list? Bio-Derma, the H.G makeup remover of make-up artists, beauty bloggers and celebrities. Obviously I needed it. For a few months I convinced myself that it lived up to the hype, that it was doing a great job as the first step to remove my makeup, especially after nights out when that burgundy lip-liner came out, or more than one coat of mascara made it onto my lashes. However, now that I am down to the final dregs of the large bottle I bought, I am faced with the decision of whether or not I should repurchase it; and I find myself hesitating.

Yes, it fulfils its purpose. It removes makeup, but not all-even if you use 3/4/5 cotton pads.  I find that my skin has a greasy film when I just use Bio-Derma, and even if I just use it to remove a wing that has gone slightly awry, this is noticeable. As I have sensitive skin and eyes, I am careful about what I use on my face, so I have no complaints in that regard. As a makeup wipe replacement, I can see why people prefer Bio-Derma, as it is more cost effective, but if I am using makeup wipes it is because I am not bothered to take my makeup off, and using Bio-Derma requires more effort for me.

Bio-Derma is great value, and does what it promises to do, but no more. I’m not exactly sure what else I was expecting, but as a cult favourite it just doesn’t deliver. I don’t plan to repurchase, as I would prefer to use an eye-and-lip make-up remover such as the Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips, or just double cleanse my face.


I am very intrigued by the other items in the Bio-Derma skincare range, does anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment